Christmas is supposed to be a season full of peace and goodwill as we celebrate the Savior’s physical arrival into this world. So why are we often bombarded with feelings of pressure and extreme stress? We know Advent’s not supposed to be this way, but how do we change it?
Join Rick and Steph in the first episode of a month-long pursuit of the heart of Advent while seeking to draw near to Jesus. Seeking relief from Christmas stress, we’ll examine three examples of how Jesus responded to people facing stressful situations.
LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE NOW
Have you joined the Pigs? We’re a group of friends ready to go all-in with Jesus—to live a life that’s “free indeed” because we’re wholly dependent on him. Join us for exclusive behind-the-scenes insights, opportunities to make your voice matter, prayer support, and connections to other Pigs inside our private Facebook group.
- The Jesus-Centered Planner 2020
- The Jesus-Centered Life: The Life You Didn’t Think Was Possible, With the Jesus You Never Knew by Rick Lawrence
- The Jesus-Centered Journal
- Center Your Life on Jesus
- Drawn In: A Perfectly Messy Way to Experience Jesus
- The God Who Fights for You: How He Shows Up in Your Suffering by Rick Lawrence
- Spiritual Grit: A Journey Into Endurance. Character. Confidence. Hope. by Rick Lawrence
- Growing Spiritual Grit for Teenagers: 40 Devotions
- Growing Spiritual Grit: 52 Devotions
- PRATJ Season 3 Episode 50—Living Wide-Awake During Advent
- PRATJ Season 3 Episode 51— “Overcoming the World” & the Promise of Advent
- Photo by Francisco Moreno on Unsplash