When we asked young adults all over the United States to describe Jesus, their most popular description is that Jesus was a “nice guy.” When we consider Jesus’ encounters, we are either forgetting or maybe never really knowing Jesus. What would it look like to stop imagining and start remembering Jesus?
Join Rick as we continue a series devoted to practices that naturally draw us into a closer “orbit” around Jesus. Diving into the Gospels, we’ll examine different encounters where we have forgotten how Jesus really acted.
LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE NOW
Have you joined the Pigs? We’re a group of friends ready to go all-in with Jesus—to live a life that’s “free indeed” because we’re wholly dependent on him. Join us for exclusive behind-the-scenes insights, opportunities to make your voice matter, prayer support, and connections to other Pigs inside our private Facebook group.
- The Jesus-Centered Life: The Life You Didn’t Think Was Possible, With the Jesus You Never Knew by Rick Lawrence
- The Jesus-Centered Journal
- The God Who Fights for You: How He Shows Up in Your Suffering by Rick Lawrence
- Spiritual Grit: A Journey Into Endurance. Character. Confidence. Hope. by Rick Lawrence
- Growing Spiritual Grit for Teenagers: 40 Devotions
- Growing Spiritual Grit: 52 Devotions
- Photo by Andrew Neel on Unsplash