Season 2, Episode 42: What the Book of Revelation Has to Do With You
Many people are attracted by its tantalizing reputation for offering signs that predict the future. But others are skeptical, and even alarmed, by the images it depicts.
How does this strange book apply to our lives? Is it a secret code that can accurately predict future events or just a vision John (author of Revelation) had that fits only within the reality of ancient Rome?
Rick and Becky offer insights on both as they take a high-level view of the whole book of Revelation, focusing on Jesus as the central figure to pay attention to.
They also linger on one particularly relevant section that we can unquestionably apply to our modern lives—the warnings Jesus gives each of the seven churches. These warnings are sure to encourage and also challenge each of us.
This episode marks the end of our series on the supernatural. If you’re just joining us, check out our last three episodes: What Is Supernatural? Spotting Supernatural Red Flags and Daring to Live Supernaturally.
Have you joined the Pigs? We’re a group of friends ready to go all in with Jesus—to live a life that’s “free indeed” because we’re wholly dependent on him. Join us for exclusive behind-the-scenes insights, opportunities to make your voice matter, prayer support, and connections to other Pigs inside our private Facebook group.
Related Articles and Resources:
- (podcast) What is Supernatural?
- (podcast) Spotting Supernatural Red Flags
- (podcast) Daring to Live Supernaturally
- (podcast) Whatever Makes You Happy
- (podcast) On Loving Ourselves
- (podcast) Jesus Was the Worst Self-Help Guru Ever
- Bonus: Interview with a youth pastor about what the Bible has to do with community
- Jesus-Centered Planner 2018
- The Jesus Centered Life by Rick Lawrence
- The Jesus-Centered Bible
- How I learned to hear Jesus’ voice
- (Documentary) When God Left the Building
- Why Nobody Wants to Go to Church Anymore
- Chronological History of Predicted Apocalypse / Jesus’ Return