You’ve may have heard a little bit about twitter lately. In fact, we here at YouthMinistry.com are big fans, and we would love for you to join us in using this new communication tool. But what is it? Well in short, it’s sending a text message (140 characters) to all your friends at the same time. The cool part is your friends can decide how they want to receive it. Maybe they will only read it on the computer, maybe it will come in their IM client, or maybe they’ll have it come to their phone like a traditional text message. It’s an easy way to share with your friends what you are up to as you are doing it.
This video might help explain it better:
How do you get started?
- Go to Twitter.com and click “Get Started – Join!”
- Then create your account on the account page.
- Then find people to follow? To follow someone go to their page and click the follow button under their picture.
Here are a few suggestions of people we think you will find interesting:
- YouthMinistry – Get the latest updates of articles and freebies from right here at YouthMinistry.com
- Doug Fields – One of our mentors and an all-around nice guy
- SimplyInsider – a great way to get the inside scoop of what’s happening with our friends at Simply Youth Ministry
- Josh Griffin – Mr. MoreThanDodgeBall.com and our good buddy
We would love to build a community of youth workers who can share their joys and struggles. If you are already using twitter, tell us why you like it.