In our culture, curiosity isn’t always viewed as a good thing. After all, it’s “what killed the cat.” So why then does Jesus seemingly encourage curiosity rather than simply accepting what we’re told, especially when it comes to some of life’s most hard-to-answer questions?
Join Rick as we continue a series devoted to practices that naturally draw us into a closer “orbit” around Jesus. Diving into Matthew 13, we’ll look at two parables Jesus uses to show the important role curiosity plays in providing the answers we so desperately crave.
LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE NOW
Have you joined the Pigs? We’re a group of friends ready to go all-in with Jesus—to live a life that’s “free indeed” because we’re wholly dependent on him. Join us for exclusive behind-the-scenes insights, opportunities to make your voice matter, prayer support, and connections to other Pigs inside our private Facebook group.
- The Jesus-Centered Life: The Life You Didn’t Think Was Possible, With the Jesus You Never Knew by Rick Lawrence
- The Jesus-Centered Journal
- The God Who Fights for You: How He Shows Up in Your Suffering by Rick Lawrence
- Spiritual Grit: A Journey Into Endurance. Character. Confidence. Hope. by Rick Lawrence
- Growing Spiritual Grit for Teenagers: 40 Devotions
- Growing Spiritual Grit: 52 Devotions
- “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” by U2
- Mindfulness, 25th anniversary edition by Ellen J. Langer
- Photo by Bing Han on Unsplash