Season 2, Episode 011: How to Apply a Filter to the Bible
As a youth worker or volunteer, one of the most powerful things you can do for your teenagers is get them excited about reading the Bible. This week, Rick randomly chose a Scripture passage and together with his sidekick Becky (now nicknamed B-Hodge) applied an “Oprah” filter as they unpacked it. You can do the same thing with students in both small and large groups.
Our goal this month is to help you “attach” teenagers to Jesus by showing them new ways to see and use the Bible. Check out the links below for more great resources to get kids engaged with God’s Word.
Related Links and Articles:
- The Jesus-Centered Bible
- Pierced New Testament for Teenagers
- A Failure of Nerve by Edwin Friedman
- Jesus-Centered Life by Rick Lawrence
- [Article] Invite Teenagers to Step into God’s Word
- [Article] The Surprising Way the Bible Relates to Your Hobbies
- [Podcast] When the Bible Doesn’t Meet Your Expectations
- [Podcast] Reconciling Old Testament God vs. New Testament Jesus
- [Whiteboard Wednesday] How to get teenagers excited about reading the Bible
- [Whiteboard Wednesday] It’s a sin to make the Bible boring