Facebook is stirring things up on the social media front with some new features. You now have more options to react to posts on Facebook. Also, Instagram (owned by Facebook) just added the ability to sign in to their app with multiple accounts at once. That means you can post to your personal account along with your youth ministry account, plus a few others (up to five at once).
This week Facebook announced new “reactions” that you can leave on posts.
In addition to the “Like” button, you now have 5 new options: Love, Haha, Wow, Sad, and Angry.
Here’s how to use this new feature:
- If you’re on your mobile device, you will need to update your Facebook app.
- Find a post you want to “react” to.
- On a mobile device, click and hold “Like” for the list of emojis to pop up. On a computer, hover your mouse over “Like” to see the new options.
- Select what you want and you’re done.
NOTE: Facebook said it may take a few days for the feature to roll out to all users across its iOS and Android, but I had access immediately after installing the latest app version.
Are these new emoji options a good thing? Or did you like that Facebook previously stayed away from a “Dislike” button?
Didn’t know Instagram would let you add multiple accounts? Here’s how to do it…
(NOTE: This did not work on my iPhone 5. The new Instagram may only be available on newer phones.)
- Make sure you have the latest app version.
- Log in to any of your accounts.
- Click in your profile (far right icon on the bottom).
- Go to your account settings at the top (tap the three dot button for Android or gear for iOS).
- Scroll down to “Add account” at the bottom.
- Click and log in to another account.
To switch between accounts: Go to your profile, tap your username at the top of the screen, and tap the account you’d like to switch to. It’s that simple!
Remember, you can add up to five accounts.
Hope this helps you keep up with the ever-changing world of social media!