The school year is in full swing, our core ministry activities are percolating, and it feels like our leadership team is hitting their stride. It’s tempting to push cruise control.
But early fall is a crucial fuel-the-fire season. So one thing I do to keep the momentum going is search for new things that will fill my tank and the tanks of those around me. So here are the five “fueling options” that help me…
Podcasts: I have a list of go-to podcasts that sharpen me, and some that I share with my team.
- Craig Groeschel Leadership Podcast
- Andy Stanley Leadership Podcast
- Carey Nieuwhof Leadership Podcast
- JD Greear “Ask Me Anything”
Apps: I visit the App Store regularly to familiarize myself with what’s popular. I want to know what social apps are hot, what design apps might help me in social media, and what games my kids are likely playing. Here are a few apps I’ve recently downloaded that I think are worth checking out.
- Glitche—an amazing app for social media design work.
- Dwell—an incredible new Bible-reading app.
- Mario Kart Tour—it’s finally hit the iPhone.
- TikTok—the hottest social media app right now.
[tweet_box design=”default” float=”none”]Early fall is a crucial fuel-the-fire season. [/tweet_box]
Sermons: It’s hard to worship where you work. I attend our service weekly, but it’s challenging to concentrate. So I have a list of church websites I use to follow their sermon series. My list is long and varied. I’d encourage you to search the Web to find places that will feed your soul.
New Music: I’m always looking for new music….
- On Spotify: Open Spotify>Browse>Genres & Moods, then scroll. You can find new music, podcasts, and playlists. I follow the New Music Friday Christian playlist
- In iTunes: Open iTunes>Music>Genres> Then look around for what’s new.
- Online I click to newreleasetuesday.com for coming releases
Amazon: I love looking for junk on Amazon. Amazon is my best source for fun/creative prizes, and sometimes crazy deals. Funny prizes for games and unique personalized gifts for my team help fuel their momentum.
- Get the Fruit of the Spirit for the office.
- Search Archie Mcphee for the craziest prizes.
- Purchase a dozen thumbs up trophies to give to staffers or volunteers.
When I’m scavenging I am mostly looking for encouragement, sources of growth, and fun breaks. What are some of your go-to tank-fillers?