It’s been a long time since I’ve posted about a bunch of unrelated, random stuff. Here we go!
- I’m really enjoying the “This Week in Youth Ministry” podcast that Terrace Crawford has put together. I’m typically not a fan of podcasts that last longer than 30-minutes, but I’ve found This Week in Youth Ministry to be really valuable. Check it out!
- Fall is just around the corner, and so are the new Simply One Day youth ministry trainings! While I miss the longer Simply Youth Ministry Conference event (and THRILLED it’s coming back), I’m stoked about the One Day conference because it’s low hanging fruit; an affordable and convenient way to get great training and encouragement for you and your volunteer team.
- Part of my role at Saddleback Church is to coach/support/lead the youth ministries at our international campuses in Berlin, Manila, Hong Kong and Buenos Aires. We have fully functioning youth groups in three of the four cities and it might be fun for you to follow them on Instagram to get a flavor or international youth ministry:
Hong Kong: symhongkong
Buenos Aires: symbuenosaires
- Our youngest child, Cole, is graduating from high school in about a month. I’m about to enter the uncharted world of “empty nest youth ministry,” meaning I’m no longer the parent of kids in the youth group…they’ve come and gone through our ministry. For some reason, I’m feeling more insecurity about this new stage than I anticipated.
- I’m currently reading the book, The Residence: Inside the private world of the White House. It’s a little bit longer than it needs to be, but it is a fascinating look at the lives of the men and women who have served our nation’s first family.
Have a great week!
— — — — CLICK HERE for awesome youth ministry resources! Curriculum, games, books, videos & more! — — — —