Yesterday we ran down 10 quick hits on increasing relational ministry in your youth group; today we’re back with 10 more and hoping you contribute another couple in the comments, too! Here we go:
11. Set up shop at a fast-food place right next to the school that has open lunch. Send a group text saying you’re buying tacos for the first 5 who show up.
12. Get a copy of the school paper; shoot an email to the principle with encouragement.
13. Buy every ad space possible—football programs, gym banners, etc. Banners don’t make a ministry more relational but they let people know you are available when the time arises.
Get More Great Tips from Group Magazine
14. Show up at funerals for any teenager in the community. Your face is a symbol of the care of Christ. Even if you don’t talk to anyone, your presence makes a statement.
15. Organize a “drop by” coffee shop afternoon where students or leaders can drop in for a free drink on you and a chat.
16. Have your room set and program done 15 minutes before the service starts so you can greet everyone as they come in.