Our team here at Group/Simply Youth Ministry spent two years developing an approach to a youth ministry staple—the sermon series—that creates a growth-rich environment for students. We discovered a lot along the way. For example, almost everyone in youth ministry uses sermon/talk series at their main weekly gathering, but very few are truly happy with the end results.
All of us pour our heart, mind, and soul into sermon prep, but it’s really hard to gauge our permanent impact. So we tapped our four decades of expertise to create an innovative, highly engaging resource we call LIVE: Message Series. Each series offers powerhouse messages that have a secret weapon: active and interactive elements that lead to true transformation. And all the series come in a package that includes optional ideas and a mountain of graphic assets to help you publicize and present.
Along our development journey, we surveyed youth workers for their favorite topic targets. So here they are! These first 25 titles are the result of partnering with youth workers just like you to develop a comprehensive list. Build your own series based on these topics, or just click on this link to check out the series we’ve already completed. We release new titles every month and will keep up that pace until we’ve marched through the whole list.
- Base Camp: The Basics of the Faith
- The True You: Finding Your Identity in Christ
- The Parables: Unlocking the Mystery Stories of Jesus
- Many Parts, One Body: You’re Gifted for a Purpose
- The Unit: Building Community & Unity
- Choose Wisely: Navigating Your Life With Jesus
- The Church: Belonging to Something Big
- Dive: The Freedom of Commitment
- Prove It: How Doubt Can Fuel Belief
- Do-Over: The Gift of Grace
- Gold Stars: The Truth About Self-Esteem
- No. 3: A Life Guided by the Holy Spirit
- Family Matters: Surviving & Thriving at Home
- Friends Forever: Finding a Place to Belong
- God’s Plan: Take the Mystery Out of the Mystery
- Miracles: How to Be One for Others
- Persecution: Holding Strong in the Face of Tough Stuff
- The Bible: The Hero, the Villain, and the Epic Ending
- Discipleship: What It Means to Go All-In
- Faith in Action: There Is No Try, There Is Only Do
- Forgiveness: The Gift That Keeps on Giving
- Prayer: Inviting Jesus Into Your Everyday
- Evangelism: Giving Thirsty People a Big Gulp
- God’s Blessings: What Birds Know That We Don’t
- How God Works: The Construction Project Inside
Got a great sermon series title to share? See a big gaping hole in our list? Offer your ideas in the comments section.