Hey, Youth Ministry Nation!
Thanks for reading our blog in the past year. We love having you here and pray that it’s truly beneficial to you and your ministry. There are many other excellent blogs out there in the youth ministry world. We thought it would be fun to celebrate them and share them with you. So we did some research and created a list of the Top 30 Youth Ministry Blogs of 2015!
How did we rank them?
We modeled our ranking system after Tony Kummer’s list of the top children’s ministry blogs. We started by searching Google and other websites for all blogs relating to youth ministry. Then we used a couple public metrics to estimate the blog’s popularity: MOZ’s Open Site Explorer and Buzzsumo.
We looked at three different stats for each blog:
- Page authority of the blog home page (how well this page ranks on search engines)
- Number of linking domains back to the blog site (how many other websites reference this blog site with links)
- Social media popularity in the last 6 months (total number of shares of the top four posts)
Each of these numbers were weighted according to our estimation of importance and reliability and entered into an equation to create the final ranking score. If you want to dig in to see the final scores or other blogs that were included, you can view our spreadsheet here.
Top 30 Youth Ministry Blogs of 2015
- Lifeway Students with Ben Trueblood
- Church Leaders
- Youth Specialties
- Walt Mueller, Center for Parent/Youth Understanding
- The Source for Youth Ministry
- Fuller Youth Institute
- Group’s YouthMinistry.com (that’s us!)
- Mark Oestreicher
- Adam McLane
- Terrace Crawford
- Jonathan McKee
- Orange Leaders
- Mike King
- Greg Stier
- Rethinking Youth Ministry
- Ian MacDonald
- Download Youth Ministry
- Project YM
- The Youth Cartel
- Average Youth Ministry
- Leader Treks
- Network CRCNA
- Stevan Sheets
- Tim Schmoyer, Life in Student Ministry
- Youth Ministry 360
- Jeremy Zach
- Doug Fields
- National Network of Youth Ministries
- Brooklyn Lindsey
See your blog on the list? Congratulations, and thanks for being part of the youth ministry conversation! We created a “Top Youth Ministry Blogs of 2015” badge for your site. Copy and paste this embed code into your site:
As always, thanks for loving students!!