Funny Videos for Youth Group
If you ask the average church-goer to list adjectives that describe youth ministry, “fun” will almost always end up on their list. Or at least it should! Tons of research affirm the positive value humor adds to life. Laughter builds community, increases retention, decreases stress, and it’s generally good for your overall health.
But many of us struggle in finding funny videos. Especially videos that are funny AND appropriate!
Over the years, we’ve found a list of comedy video folks who are our “go to” when looking to add a little humor to a gathering, a late night event, or a camp service.
Here’s our list, in no particular order:
1. Rhett and Link have tons of standalone videos, plus they release nearly daily episodes of “Good Mythical Morning,” which in addition to being hilarious, provide good ideas for bits you can pull off in your gatherings.
2. Studio C is made up of college students from Brigham Young University. Their videos are similar to Saturday Night Live skits, but are 100% clean all the time.
3. Jack Vale has mostly prank videos, which means you need to preview them to make sure the folks being pranked are keeping it clean.
4. Bored Shorts is built on recording young kids having conversations about topics and having adults act out with the kids’ voice-overs.
5. Nukazooka/AndrewM has lots of computer-generated effects. They’re funny and attention-grabbing.
6. Julian Smith is the quirkiest channel on the list. The endings are always a surprise, but you’ll want to preview the content for your group.
Finally, we believe there are a handful of video clips our students need to be aware of for cultural reasons.
We won’t offer descriptions, as we assume you’ve enjoyed these classics already:
Hopefully this list will help you in finding funny videos to get your students laughing. Will you share your favorites in the comments below?