You’ve may have heard a little bit about twitter lately. In fact, we here at Simply Youth Ministry are big fans, and we would love for you to join us in using this new communication tool. But what is it? Well in short, it’s sending a text message (140 characters) to all your friends at the same time. The cool part is your friends can decide how they want to receive it. Maybe they will only read it on the computer, maybe it will come in their IM client, or maybe they’ll have it come to their phone like a traditional text message. It’s an easy way to share with your friends what you are up to as you are doing it. This video might help explain it better:
How do you get started?
- Go to Twitter.com and click “Get Started – Join!”
- Then create your account on the account page.
- Then find people to follow? To follow someone go to their page and click the follow button under their picture.
Here are a few suggestions of people we think you will find interesting:
- Doug Fields – find out what on his mind
- SimplyInsider – a great way to get the inside scoop of what we are to here at Simply Youth Ministry
- Josh Griffin – Mr. MoreThanDodgeBall.com and our good buddy
- Andy Brazelton – The man who keeps everything here at SYM moving forward, also know as OutsideAllDay
- Chris Davis – Our web guy here at SYM and loves to let you know what happening on our websites and all the geeky things he comes across
- YouthMinistry – Get the latest updates of articles and freebies from YouthMinistry.com