I’m not sure why its all such a big deal. Sure, I have feelings about the subject, personal ones, but I thought I’d be able to get away with keeping them private. However, many of my colleagues are weighing in, so I thought I would too. Here are my 5 bullet points on the subject:
1) Ducks are born that way: They can’t help it. Like the old saying goes, “If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, its a duck.” Right?
2) Freedom to choose: I mean, I’m not personally choosing the duck lifestyle but ducks are God’s creatures, too, and He loves us all. I’m sure there are ducks out there who’d rather live like a chicken or a swan. I say, sure – chirp or peep.
3) Life is more colorful with ducks in it: I mean, what would Disney be without them? Who would three-year olds have to feed bread to at the lake?
4) Ducks and Eternal Salvation: I don’t know where to land on this one. I mean, if in fact all ducks go to Heaven, then that there is a whole lot of duck poop right there on the golden streets. Who gets that duty? (See what I did there? Duty? Doody?). Not sure if I want ducks in the church on Sunday morning, either.
5) No Channel or Show Banning Here: I’m not going to ban watching the A&P channel (Animal Planet) in Casa Caro. After all, the show “Too Cute” keeps my grandkids entertained for hours on end and so its invaluable. To ban it would be to punish me.
That’s all I have to say on the subject. I’ve got more important things to think and pray about…like remembering the difference a Baby is about to make.