This weekend we played another incredible game in our high school ministry – it was inspired by Facebook Hack (which if you haven’t ever seen, check it out here) from this past year and tied into the Instalife series perfectly: INSTA-HACK!
The game is simple – someone turns over control of their Instagram account to the host of the show, who is then given permission to do whatever they want in exchange for prizes. In this case we used the Wheel of Destiny to let it randomly choose what would happen. Some of the options included:
- deleting 10 random friends
- trolling someone’s profile (aka liking all of one person’s pictures)
- posting a picture of another girl in the room and tagging it #newgirlfriend
- $5 to Starbucks
- become Instafamous – everyone in the room takes out their phone to follow them
- Week-long hack – the phone stays logged in and randomly in the week we hack them again
- … and many more!
We had previously hooked up an iPhone to our main screen using an Apple TV so the whole experience was sick and flawless technically, too. Oh and also painful … and hilarious. The students who played along were good sports and hosts were loving but ruthless. Another epic game we’ll for sure use in the future, too!