Donâ€™t you wish you could send a letter to yourself when you were 18? I do.Â I would have many things to say to myself like finish Algebra in college and there are other fish in the sea.Â Â Still, had I finished Algebra and easily moved on from a first love, there are no more important things than the next five.
Dear Young P31Wife,
- YouÂ have a Savior.Â He was sent here to giveÂ you life. No, not some unattainable gift like the lottery. No, not given to someone famous and more worthy. Me. He was sent here for you. Ransom paid. No matter whatÂ youÂ you done. Sent here forÂ you to give you life.The very living God who walks beforeÂ you in every single thingÂ you do. Yes, Young P31Wife, you have Jesus. He is there right beside you waiting for you to call out to him. Call out.
- Jesus loves you.Â NotÂ the Jesus you see on those pictures that reallyÂ never madeÂ you feel anything or the generic Jesus that is some unattainable figment ofÂ imagination that comes with a side of bland religion.Â But,Â the Jesus that lives and breathes and walks beside you. The Jesus that wept forÂ hisÂ friend Lazarus. The Jesus that raised him from the dead. The Jesus that sweats blood and cries out for His Father. The Jesus that forgave murders, thieves, and adulterers. The Jesus that will love and comfort prostitutes. The Jesus whoÂ I know will loveÂ you when no one else in our sin sick world will. He is real, and He loves you.
- Rely onÂ the Holy Spirit.Â Â This is vitally important for your survival! Allow yourself to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Jesus called him the Counselor andÂ insisted onÂ His importance, â€œBut the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to youâ€ (John 14:26). He will teach all things and remind you of everything Jesus has said! Do not rely on your own empowerment, rely on the Holy Spirit. He will get you through hard times in a way that no earthly person can. Young P31Wife, He will sustain you.
- Go to church.Â Reach out to those who are in love with Jesus like yourself. Go to church with them. These people will pray with you and for you. They will hold you accountable. They know how valuable you are, because they see you through Christ lenses. They love Christ and you and worship. You have a family at church that is waiting for you. Young P31Wife, yoke yourself with other followers and go to church together.
- Be a blessing.Â Help someone. Be a leader. Work in Awana. Go on a missions trip, as many as you can. Look at the able body that you have and give. Give for Jesus. Help poor people. Help kids. Work alongside other believers. You will see with your ownÂ eyes how Jesus changes lives with His Word and His love. Learn that you are a wife of noble character by being a blessing to everyone around you.
PS. I love you. You are loving and kind and stunning. Your life is filled with joy, grace, and mercy. You are going toÂ repsect and honorÂ your husband. He surpasses your expectations and is completely devoted to you.Â Your children are beyond any beauty you have ever known.
I love you.
Meredith Wiser is The Plumber’s 31 Wife. Here’s what she says about herself: I am a Jesus-loving, stay-at-home mama to three babies, and married to one amazing husband who happens to be a plumber. My heart is to encourage women to grow closer to Jesus through my journey to be a Proverbs 31 wife.