FOLLOW UP YOUR FALL FESTIVAL!
Are you one of the many churches doing some kind of fall festival within the next few weeks? Even as I stop to write this blog, I’m in the middle of writing a game plan for two churches on following up their fall festival outreach event. Why? This is prime-time visibility for seeding your Christmas Eve worship and reaching the ever-illusive young families.
Let me explain: Lots of families with kids are about to step onto your church property over the next two weeks. This is a good thing…’cuz its something that’s not happening that easily these days. So here are a few pointers to maximizing your fall event time with them:
1) Have door prizes that require one adult from each family to fill out a slip to win the prize. These slips turn into your follow up list.
2) Make sure you’re signing children into your fall festival activities. This gives you names and ages, providing the ability for the appropriate age-level ministries in your church to invite each child back to an exciting SS class or holiday kids’ event.
3) Create an “adults only” coffee cafe at your fall event. Place info about your “holiday happenings” on each table. Have your friendliest greeters “working the room” meeting and greeting your guests.
4) Within the 7 days after the event, send a “thank you for attending” note or card. Invite them to something else over the holidays.
5) Use these same contacts to send an invite to Christmas Eve service. they’ll be looking for a place to attend Christmas Eve and it might as well be your church.
Of course, all of this is predicated on the premise that your fall festival is done well and your church people are friendly, making guests WANT to give your church a second try.
Want to find out how you stack up against other youth workers? Take Group Magazine's fun, quick assessment HERE!.