It’s much tougher to put ourselves in someone else’s shoes and process through what they are thinking or feeling.
In hopes of helping us do that in one of the more sensitive areas of our culture, here are 6 questions I believe gay students are asking about us and our ministries:
- How is it possible for me to relate to Christians in a church context?
- Will everyone define me as “gay?”
- Will people think I chose to be like this?
- Do they think I’m going to hit on them?
- Will they kick me out if I’m honest?
- Will I be able to fit in with everyone or will I be treated differently?
Food for thought!