Seriously, you do.
Each week you pour your heart and soul into your ministry, spending time with teenagers, training your leaders, and supporting families in your congregation.
The longer you serve in youth ministry, the more those investments will pay off. And that’s why we put our heads together and came up with this list.
Here’s to ministry longevity! (And a healthy dose of ministry humor, too!)
10 Ways to Not Get Fired
1. Clean out the church van after that long, messy road trip.
2. Memorize people’s names.
3. Avoid tracking mud onto the Nelson Family Memorial Carpet (seriously).
4. Send a personal, handwritten card to every kid in your youth group.
5. Don’t take embarrassing pictures of your co-workers and secretly insert them in the bulletin.
6. Deliver fresh, hot coffee to the seniors’ Bible study.
7. Pray daily for your volunteers (and your church leadership).
8. Become an even more effective youth worker by reading some SYM resources.
9. Volunteer for the dunking booth at this year’s Harvest Festival.
10. Live an authentic life that honors God and points teenagers toward Jesus.
Thank you for loving students